In the News
- Tri-State Farm & Food Conference- Market Bulletin
- WBOY’s coverage of the Morgantown Tax School
- Cheese and Chickens- Market Bulletin Article by Tom McConnell
- People are willing to pay more for local food!
- WSAZ coverage of the Tri-State Farm & Food Conference!
- Bread-baking with the Small Farm Center! Herald-Dispatch
- Conference to connect Farmers and Local Markets Huntington Herald-Dispatch.
- Huntington Herald-Dispatch Article about the Farm & Food Conference to be held November 6th!
- The Summer 2010 Edition of the Small Farm Advocate is available now! Small Farm Advocate Summer 2010
- The Greenbrier serves Farm-Fresh Food! Farm-fresh fare served daily
In May, the WV Farmers Market Association completed its annual survey of farmers markets in our state to assist with the USDA survey of all farmers markets nationwide. (Note: on-farm markets are not included.) We have posted our results at our website www.wvfarmers.org
For some information on sourcing local food at an event, follow the link: Consider Serving Local Food!
The Small Farm Center offers to the public their publication newspaper entitled the Small Farm Advocate- 2009.
Inside, you will find articles about small grains, aquaculture, the Market Garden at Jackson’s Mill and many other timely topics. If you have a suggestion for an article for this year, contact Carrie See by phone at (304-293-2715) or by email.