West Virginia Small Farm Conference
11th Annual West Virginia Small Farm Conference
Charleston Civic Center, Charleston, W.Va.
February 26 – 28, 2015
Want to register? Curious about hotel options?
Looking for workshop information? How about scholarships?
Goals for Conference
- Unlock the potential of West Virginia small farms to produce food profitably.
- Help small farms transition from commodity production to food production for community and local consumption.
- Support West Virginia’s 22,000 small farms families by:
– Providing reliable, tested knowledge about current trends, needed skills, and latest production and operation information
– Building an understanding of how to develop a successful small farming enterprise.
- Support and further develop West Virginia’s food system and local communities by encouraging local production, processing, wholesale & retail marketing, and consumption.
Last Year’s Conference by the Numbers
- 10th annual
- 450: daily attendance 650 estimated for 2015
- 175: number of FFA members attending
- 36: number of FFA members entered the Entrepreneurship contest
- 145: number of class sessions – 190 are scheduled for this year
- $25,000: amount farmers took in at Winter Blues Farmers Market
- 4,500: number of customers at Winter Blues Farmers Market
- $30,000: amount paid to local farmers for food for the conference
- 97: percentage of attendees who said they planned to attend next year!